Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is Worship?

What is worship? That may seem like a stupid question, but its something that I think about often, and ponder in my brain. If we take the American churches definition of worship, which is going to service on Sundays and Wednesday nights, standing and singing a few songs, while a band plays, and a worship leader leads everyone, in what we call "worship," then we sit and hear a sermon. After the sermon is over, we shake hands with some fellow friends and Christians, say goodbye, walk out the door, and live our daily lives. Is this Gods defintion of worship? Is this how he designed us to function, and worship Him? A once a week, or twice a week, experience? Or is it supposed to be something more? I believe that the way we are to worship God, is way more than singing. Singing with our voices, is a small part of worship, and a very small portion at that. I believe that how we live our daily lives, from when we wake up in the morning, to when we go to bed at night, is to be our act of worship before God. By our lives being an act of worship before God, we are then able to show the world who Jesus is, by how we live our lives. How else will the world know Him, unless we tell them, and show by how we live our lives, that Jesus is in us, and He is the light?

For example: about worship- I was thinking about this today...if I could never speak again, and I was mute, could I still worship God? Yes! If I was deaf,blind and mute, could I still worship God? Yes!! Would he still be glorified by my life? Yes! If I had a gun put to my head, and told I could never speak the name of Jesus again, could I still worship Him? Yes!! How??? If worship is all about singing songs to Jesus, how could I worship Him? Because, true worship, is all about the HEART!! Your heart before God, your life, and how u live it!! If I could never speak again, I would truly know, what it means to worship God. Take away the music, the musicians, the pretty stage in church, the worship leaders, and the church building, the pews and hymnal books....what do u have left? U have a perfect setting to worship God! U have you, and God!! Thats all u need!! You dont need a beautiful singing voice, or need to be in a choir....all you need is a heart that loves Jesus, and desires Him above all else, and your life, that you live every day, will reflect that! :>) Jesus never sang any songs to His heavenly Father while on Earth, yet His Father was glorified in His life. How? By how he lived His life each day.


Jodi R.

Messenger for Jesus! ( I speak what God puts in my heart to speak, be it encouraging, or convicting, it is Jesus who speaks to you, not me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment